[3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:17:44 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: ZF2AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: ZF2AM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cayman Is.
Operating Time (hrs): 25
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 718  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 34  Total Score = 348,712

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Conditions not real hot again this year.  A few more Q's, a few fewer countries,
and a bit lower total than last year.

Many ststions had trouble copying.  Things picked up after midnight but
activity fell way off.  Constant tropical static most of the time, but a few
periods of very quiet noise levels when I was able to get a lot of guys in the
log with signals right at the noise level.

EU openings about the same both nights - short and not enough mults got thru. I
tuned around on the second radio during the EU sunrise and rarely heard any EU's
calling CQ, but without packet I didn't really know exactly where to listen.

Thanks to all you guys who stuck with me to pull those calls out after a minute
or so of playing "What's My Call?*"

And as always thanks to Andrew and the gang at CARS for the use of the fine
station.

73,

John, ZF2AM/K6AM

* - See the world premiere of "What's My Call?", the DX'ers version of the TV
game show "What's My Line?" at this year's Visalia DX Convention.