[3830] CQ160 SSB K4IKM Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ikm@ptd.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K4IKM Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 14:22:37 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K4IKM
Operator(s): K4IKM
Station: K4IKM

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 16:39

Total:  QSOs = 525  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 15  Total Score = 83,424

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was only my 3rd 160M contest and my first 160M SSB event but it was
definitely the most brutal. Tons of QRN+QRM and weak signals made every QSO a
real effort. I had only very limited openings to EU and none to AS / AF, at
least nothing that I could hear on my Inverted-L. All this led to shorter
operating hours, lower scoring and more migraines than the CW events. But every
time I took a break, I'd worked everything I could hear on the band.

Nevertheless, I had a great time! I'm not an experienced contester but I'm
getting there. I got hooked last Feb so this is my 1st Anniversary as a
contester and my 5th contest in that time. I'm getting better at "running" but
I still have much to learn and I fumble a bit with N1MM from time to time. But
when the run goes well and I'm knocking them down like dominos, it feels so
very good! Now and then, that happens for me.

Kudos to ALL the FRC guys for helping me move along! But special thanks to Bob
K3PH and John W3MF who've been my Contesting Elmers! I couldn't have better
coaches!

C u in the ARRL DX SSB next weekend!

Steve...K4IKM...73!....