[3830] CQ160 SSB K4OWR Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K4OWR Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:12:59 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K4OWR
Operator(s): K4OWR
Station: K4OWR

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 15

Total:  QSOs = 722  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 10  Total Score = 101,696

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

My first 160 contest ever, not to mention new call. It sure is " different",
requiring lots of patience and CQs!
I learned a lot of things. Like....... I need better antennas.
Turned out only the dipole was effective for transmit.
The beverage was amazing and I need more of them. Got lots of property thank
goodness.
The inverted L was useless.  I suspect it needs "tweaking" and a lot of
radials.
So many weak stations my ears hurt.
My station had zero problems. All my rfi trouble is now gone thanks to the coax
isolater, and wireless mouse and keyboard.
Had I been able to work more than 2 Europe, the multipliers would have helped a
LOT.
I also need to be able to stay up longer, but I'm old.