[3830] ARRLDX SSB W5DQ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5dq@mchsi.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W5DQ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 16:19:36 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W5DQ
Operator(s): W5DQ
Station: W5DQ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    1     1
   80:   18    16
   40:   38    27
   20:   72    54
   15:  140    67
   10:   77    39
-------------------
Total:  346   204  Total Score = 211,752

Club:

Comments:

Lots of noise on the low bands Saturday evening. I was hoping to do better there
but not happening this year. But overall this was my best effort so far in a DX
SSB class contest. Guess I'm getting better after all this time but got a long
way to go. It was a blast even with lots of operators who seemed to not be able
to follow the DX stations directions in pileups (nothing new). I heard a couple
of SSTV ops who were torked about the contest start up a SSTV transmission
right on top of ON4UN's pileup. Talk about poor operating. Also many ops need
to learn 'all knobs to the right' doesn't make you better or louder. Lots of
wide splattered signals, some really, really bad.