[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0VXU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K0VXU SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 16:43:06 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 17:31

  160:   21    16
   80:   45    32
   40:   87    51
   20:  166    68
   15:  213    68
   10:   90    37
-------------------
Total:  622   275  Total Score = 513,150

Club: KC Contest Club

Comments:

As is my usual on short time in the test.  Conditions the first night were very
noisy from the passing thunderstorms, but the second night the bands were
nearly free of QRN.  Too bad Mr. Sol wouldn't cooperate and raise a few more
spots, but all in all the conditions were fairly good.

Good to hear all of the activity in the contest.  Lots of DX stations with good
signals.  Ten meters was good while it lasted here, but 15 meters proved to be
the workhorse at this QTH.

My 40 meter antenna situation needs improvement.  I was able to hear Southeast
Asia with good signals, but I couldn't raise them.

Somehow I missed the good part of the Asia openings on 15 meters both days.
Jimmy, BX5AA, was weak but very copiable. The same applied to several Chinese
stations.  9M6XRO had a good signal but couldn't hear me either.

All my time was spent S&P searching for mults.  Never ran.  The QSO totals show
my lack of running and also are a direct result of low operating time.

Nice to hear so many friends working the test.  Great fun and will be back next
year, hopefully for more than 17.5 hours.

73,
Russ - K0VXU