[3830] ARRLDX SSB ZL3IO SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB ZL3IO SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 17:21:02 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: ZL3IO
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZL3IO

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Haumoana
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:    2     2
   40:  186    39
   20:  455    52
   15:  405    54
   10: 1185    57
-------------------
Total: 2233   204  Total Score = 1,347,012

Club:

Comments:

Thank for a great contest! I like the ARRL DX as the NA operators are always a
joy to work.

I only came back to New Zealand on Friday night. Plus our contest station is
down due to construction work for the new house that started on the site.
Also I had to share the little home station with my daughter ZL2GQ.
Set up used was a hexbeam (20-10m) and a vertical (80/40m) plus 500W.

Anyhow it was fun to work so many of you and the 10m run on the end of day 2
was just great. Running 4 hours at a rate of 200 Qs/h is only possible with NA.

The low bands were so quiet that I was hopeful to do some more contacts but 80m
was just diappointing. Asian and Pacific stations were hopeless trying to get
through to the NA stations who seems to be deaf.

I was wondering where the Candian East Coast states were. No LB, NF, NS, PEI on
10m... the other bands even worse. The announced stations were obviously only
working EU as I never could hear them. All US states were available and made on
10m. Due to limited activity not on the other bands...

Anyhow I really enjoyed the time and I°m happy with the result for the
effort.

73 Holger, ZL3IO