[3830] ARRLDX SSB KB0EO SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KB0EO SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 18:03:40 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  374    88
   10:
-------------------
Total:  374    88  Total Score = 98,736

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I decided to try something new this year for the ARRL DX SSB - single band 15
meters. Unfortunately, the propagation didn't show up. It was grueling trying
to find stations to work. I'm not sure if it was the conditions or there just
weren't very many DX stations on the band...or maybe a combination of both. It
was a riot to see "fresh meat" show up on the cluster and everyone converging
to try to pick them up.

I worked all the Japan stations Friday night - got very few new ones Sat & Sun.
South America and Caribbean were the strongest here in Northfield - once again,
not much to choose from. The biggest disappointment was hardly any EU stations.
I missed a couple of easy countries due to the propagation. I just couldn't
break through to work Bulgaria, Ukraine, or Denmark - I heard them very weakly,
but they couldn't hear me. Only one Scandinavian QSO from Finland. All in all, a
pretty dismal EU showing for me.

Hats off to all the MWA guys - I heard a lot of you in the pileups. Special
mention goes to Mark K0KX who absolutely destroys everyone in the stacks -
doesn't matter if they're east coast, west coast, or midwest - he must have the
aluminum market cornered at his QTH.

I worked the VP5H gang as soon as they showed up on 15 meters - good sounding
station and they had a lot of callers. I hope Scott and the boys take #1 in the
world again.