[3830] ARRLDX SSB K9YC M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K9YC M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 22:33:14 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC, W6GJB
Station: K9YC

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA-SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 31
Radios: SO2R

  160:    3     2
   80:   46    24
   40:  109    52
   20:  235    71
   15:  361    81
   10:  252    43
-------------------
Total: 1006   273  Total Score = 823,914

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Officially this gets scored as a Multi-Two. I invited Glen, W6GJB, to
make this a multi-op. The purpose was both a bit of mentoring and to
give me a break so I could spend time with the XYL. We took turns
operating my SO2R setup -- Glen ran one radio at a time when he was in
the chair, and I did a lot of SO2R when I sat down.

As has been noted, conditions weren't great, but we still managed to
have some fun, and the station continues to play well. As usual, lots of
really crummy audio was heard, often making the station nearly uncopyable.