[3830] ARRLDX SSB K1ZR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K1ZR SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:53:00 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1ZR
Operator(s): K1ZR
Station: K1ZR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:    3     3
   80:   96    51
   40:  310    79
   20: 1076    98
   15:  955    84
   10:  111    40
-------------------
Total: 2551   355  Total Score = 2,716,815

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Many TNX to the DX for all of the q's!

A bit dissapointing falling short of my goal or >3K q's however I'm pleased
with the performance of the new station.  I stuggled to maintain decent rates
on Sunday morning and with the SO1R configuration productivity was down.  A lot
of work to do this spring/summer to make the station more competitive such as
replace the N/S dipoles on 10 and 15 (yagis are currently fixed to EU), add a
second radio, put up tower #2 and improve the 80 and 160 antennas.

Many TNX to K1RX for helping me perform a last minute rotor swap due to a bad
POT two days before the test.  After replacing the rotor we went back to the
shack and tried to turn the antennas.  No go.  We discovered a short across two
conductors which explains why the antennas stopped rotating a few days before
the swap.  We walked the 500' run of cable from the base of the tower to the
shack and could not find anything out of the ordinary.  Perplexed, I walked
back to the tower and found the cable chewed up by an animal only 6 feet from
the base of the tower....how did we miss it?

Can't wait for the 2012/2013 contest season!

73,
Shane K1ZR