[3830] WiQP K2KW(@K4ZLE) SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenny.k2kw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP K2KW(@K4ZLE) SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 07:20:58 -0700
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: K2KW
Operator(s): K2KW
Station: K4ZLE

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:
   80:    3      2
   40:   74    115
   20:    6
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
--------------------
Total:   83    117  Mults = 58  Total Score = 24,447.0

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I went down to K4ZLE's station as I was going to do a full SO2R effort.  But I
got there late and I didnt get my equipment wiggling until 18:23(I bring a
complete SO2R station with me).  But nothing worked right:  software wasn't
reading the radio frequency, SO2R box wasn't switching audio, SSB didnt work.
I started to make some CW QSOs in earnest around 18:50, so losing the first
hour was big.  Finally got SSB working at 19:50, never got the SO2R audio
working, and quit at 0000z to return a movie before 9 local.  So much for a
full effort!

As people have commented, 40m was THE band for many of us.  There were a few
20m scatter QSOs on 20, but I needed to use the 80m sloper for 20m RX as the
S/N ratio was much better than the TH-11 at 70' !!  80/75m was completely void
of signals until very late, and even then they were a struggle.  Last year I
had 120 80/75m QSOs, so 80m was really bad this year.

N1MM users:  LP and QRP multipliers are not factored into your score.  Remember
to account for that in your submissions.

Eqiupment:
2 x K3
YCCC SO2R box
N1MM software