[3830] WPX SSB NH2T(N2NL) SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NH2T(N2NL) SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:17:09 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NH2T
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: Guam
Operating Time (hrs): 4

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   10
   20:    8
   15:  630
   10:    2
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

A semi-serious 15m single band effort went out the door at 21Z before the
contest when two large ground mounted transformers in my neighborhood exploded
with a loud boom and white flame.  Apparently some underground utilities
shorted out, causing the transformers to blow.  I made a few QSOs running low
power the 1st day while running my 5KW generator, needed to keep the
refrigerator running and lights on.  When it was determined that it would take
2+ weeks to dig up and repair the problem, a large 100KW generator was brought
in by the Navy to power my house as well as my two neighbors.  I can now run
full power while cranking the A/C with the clothes dryer on, but I'm suffering
from S5 hash coming from this larger generator on the higher bands.  I am so
dumb as to complain about this - so it was off to the beach for the 2nd day.

Conditions sounded 100% better than last weekend's RDXC - I hope they stay half
as good for WPX CW - and that the lights stay on as well!

73, Dave KH2/N2NL