[3830] WPX SSB KD9MS SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craigbradley700@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KD9MS SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 19:29:26 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 2.25

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  32
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I was supposed to be at my son's baseball tournament, but it got rained out and
I got the message as we were all loaded in the car ready to back out 2 hours
before the contest. So I decided to make a few contacts and play a bit in this
contest. After my first contact with JT5DX (which was very cool!), I realized
that my FT2000 power level was at 150W so I just kept it there and went as a
high power 20M entry in this contest. I didn't get to operate much but it was
fun and I did get to get a lot of yard work done that wouldn't have gotten done
if I was at the baseball tournament.

20 meters was awesome! Lots of over the pole DX stations around 0200Z on
Saturday morning. I just kept the beam north and tried to see who was on. A
little polar flutter but not too bad.

Thanks for the few contacts! Most of the outside temporary antennas are down
now but I look forward to the next test!

73, Craig KD9MS