[3830] WPX SSB K9CT SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig@thompsonet.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K9CT SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 19:51:14 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1631
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

20m antennas were on the ground, so decided the M/2 was out. 15m sounded like a
winner...one that I could get some sleep doing. So 15m it was...

Good Asia opening on Friday and Sunday evening but Saturday was completely
different as I could not hear many JA at all. EU was excellent on both
mornings. It actually was too good on Sunday morning...I had to wait until it
opened to the midwest US and by then the EU and East Coast guys were wall to
wall from 200 to 450. It was a bit frustrating trying to run in that situation.
If 10 had opened more, maybe there would have been more room.

Best DX was two VU calling in the middle of their nighttime. I guess I need to
stay up all night on 15m!

I did work 429 US stations but no E for short prop...most was backscatter. 177
JA, 103 DL, 77 I and 58 for both G and EA.

I used the OWA stack most of the time with the Steppir DB42 doing the off
direction duty through a Stackmatch. It worked quite well.

I used a K3 with the second rx and an Alpha 87A. The interface was the MKII and
logging software was N1MM. All worked well.

Lots of fun...but my ears are ringing, my voice is sore and I look forward to
the next cw contest...hi.

73, Craig K9CT