[3830] WPX SSB KL7RA M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KL7RA M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:20:45 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL2F AL7IF KA1NCN KL2HD KL7RA WL7BDO
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    6
   80:  169
   40:  979
   20: 1248
   15: 2344
   10:  391
------------

Club:

Comments:

We were crewed up for Multi-Multi but really only one or two bands were open for
rate at any one time most of the weekend. These same conditions would have
produced an excellent Multi-Single CQWW score as we had a super opening on five
bands to Europe during the night which gave us a glimmer of hope for a good WPX
score but by daylight ten meters faded with no prop east (USA) and we were back
to a two band 20/15 sputter all day. Most of the crew then went to bed which is
the reverse of our normal routine.

New crew member Carl, WL7BDO flew down from Fairbanks to experience
south-central Alaskan propagation. Yeah, we actually do work people on 80.
Dave, KA1NCN and Kris, AL2F mostly did 15. Wigi, AL7IF never left 10, Jeff
pounded out 40 all dark hours and Carl was all over learning each position and
the 781 radios. I waited to fix stuff but nothing broke so I didn't do anything
to help except open beer at the post contest meal debrief that Wigi spent all
afternoon cooking. His Italian mom and dad would be proud.

Next up is WPX CW MultiMulti with the North Pole Contest Group and Ben, DL6RAI
BCC contest crew. 73 Rich KL7RA