[3830] WPX SSB K8BL SO(A)AB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8BL@AMERITECH.NET
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K8BL SO(A)AB(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 19:10:15 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) LP
QTH: OHIO
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:    4
   80:   16
   40:   47
   20:  115
   15:  235
   10:   77
------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Didn't have the time (or inclination) to operate for a lot of time in the
Contest. So, what I decided to do was just work mults and only mults. It
turned out to be a lot of fun! Towards the end of when I was operating, it
was quite interesting to see how each Q would add a couple thousand points
to my score. It was like compound interest on a bank account! hihi

On Saturday night, I had 450 Q's. But on Sunday morning I had a little time
so I decided to go for an even 500 Q's. The last 50 Q's resulted in almost
120,000 points! After discovering a few overlooked dupes, I ended up with
494 Q's and unique prefixes.

The real money Band for me turned out to be 15M. It was nice having 10M open
pretty much, but I mostly found it was N/S propagation. 20M seemed to have
an elevated noise level and didn't have the crisp signals like 15M. Had some
real nice Q's to the Far East and over the Pole on 15 a little after dark. I
didn't go after much Stateside stuff on the low Bands since there didn't seem
to be a lot being spotted and I didn't feel like doing a lot of searching for
them. There were tons of foreign Calls being spotted and running the Band Map
was easy and fun. Some of these Calls were so weird I had no idea what I was
working and where to point the beam!!

After all these years, something finally struck me. Why the heck are foot
switches BLACK??? And, why does Murphy keep moving the darn thing between
Q's??? Somebody needs to make one that has a light on it or is bright orange
or straps to your foot!!!