[3830] WPX SSB V55V(@V51W) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl3dxx@darc.de
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB V55V(@V51W) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 11:14:23 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: V55V
Operator(s): V51W DH1TW DJ2HD DK6XZ DK9IP DL3DXX DL9NDS
Station: V51W

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: nr Omaruru
Operating Time (hrs): 46h44

------------
  160:    0
   80:   40
   40:  595
   20: 1456
   15: 2197
   10: 3248
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Martin V51W and XYL Ursi for letting us use their impressive
station and for superb hospitality. However far away from activity centers
it is not easy to find a gap on the low bands to operate a SSB contest.
We are happy with our 10m result but mostly only one band was open at the
same time. 15m nearly closed at noon time and 20m was totally dead
during the day and overcrouded at night time so hard to find a frequency.
We never tried 160m and also 80m and 40m yielded only few contacts.
It was a nice experience to operate the contest together from Namibia
however we dont expect to reach a top position so far away from the main
areas.
For the team: Dietmar DL3DXX