[3830] WPX SSB EE8Z(NP4Z) SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, np4zet@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB EE8Z(NP4Z) SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 20:58:25 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: EE8Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: EE8Z

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: EA8
Operating Time (hrs): 29

------------
  160:
   80:  186
   40:  434
   20:  194
   15: 1249
   10:  509
------------

Club: LOS CHACHOS CONTEST CLUB!

Comments:

This year decided to try something different and went to visit my good friend
Luis EA8AY and to know a little more of Tenerife since my family was from there
and this opportunity was the perfect chance to mix pleasure with more pleasure..
friends and hobby! My good friend Jaime wp3a also joined in and ended in
Tenerife as well.

We knew that Luis operated from a little shack on the beach with a very simple
setup made of wires, all field day style but I didnt care, it was all going to
be fun and it was.

This location was very secluded and could be reached only after a long drive
and some treacherous roads.. perfect!  the more we drove around tenerife the
less important the contest became and after having local wine and fantastic
meals
and then meeting with local Hams  it was clear that radio was only going to be

secondary.

With very limited antennas and too much wine in our systems the contest started

with me moslty  doign s&p since not many could hear me, put too many hours
trying to get something going on, but that first night was pretty bad, then the
rest of the contest didnt really picked up but sipping wine and having different
 meals thru the weekend kept our spirits up.

Had a great time working all of our friends in KP4 and having wonderful
conversations with Luis and jaime on our perfect balcony overlooking the
atlantic.
This was no record breaking operation but it was one of my most memorable ham
radio times ever. Im anxious to return to Tenerife to enjoy the beauty of the
land and more of the good company we had.  Why my great great grandfather left
tenerife is a big question I have, its just a marvelous place.

Thanks to Luis, Olga, Alejandro, Guille and Jaime for a time I wont forget.

Cu  on next one...

More info at www.ea8ay.com

felipe
NP4Z / EE8Z