[3830] SP DX DL8MBS SOABMixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SP DX DL8MBS SOABMixed QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 03:36:45 -0700
                    SP DX Contest

Call: DL8MBS
Operator(s): DL8MBS
Station: DL8MBS

Class: SOABMixed QRP
QTH: Erfurt
Operating Time (hrs): 3,5

  160:
   80:   60            15
   40:    8             5
   20:
   15:
   10:
---------------------------
Total:   68     0      20  Total Score = 4,080

Club:

Comments:

Category  SOSW = Single Operator Single Watt  ;-)

Even doing much qrp it was only this week that I tested transmitting with only
one Watt. It somewhat amazed me - to say the least... So it needed a test in a
contest.

During the little time I was on I could collect every SP-station I heard on 80m
- not all with the first call, some with coming back minutes later. About 15
repeats for call and serial but not nearly as cubersome for both sides as
supposed.

Very, very good feeling and thanks to the receiving ops (but it makes it the
more ridiculous how people shoot kilowatts and even more kilowatts against each
other for spanning inner-continental distances).

And of course: Already after this first experiences with one Watt nothing
sounds more ridiculous than the phrase of "life is too short for qrp...".
DonÂ't parrot this without having done it. YouÂ've missed a lot.

Antenna: 35m lw (=40m-doublet invL-shaped with 15m feederline shorted)