[3830] Gagarin DX T6MO(K9GY) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] Gagarin DX T6MO(K9GY) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 22:39:48 -0700
                    Yuri Gagarin International DX Contest

Call: T6MO
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: T6MO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MM21
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:
   40:  108    11
   20:   20     5
   15:   54     8
   10:   20     6
  Sat:
-------------------
Total:  202    30  Total Score = 35,280

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Well you know things are slow when you're reading NCJ while the computer calls
CQ, hah! Geez propagation was not the best. Although I did work N4AF + K3ZO on
40m (23z) and AA3B + N1KWF on 15m (12z). Most amazing was making QSOs on 15m
when the radio was only putting out 40 watts. Set initial goal of 600 Qs but
that fell apart with the poor propagation.

Contest starts at 1:30am here. Ended up waking up by chance at 2am. Good thing
because at that time 40m was productive. Without that my QSO total would be a
lot lower. About 12 QSOs into the contest I hear a pop...uh oh...what was that?
I had the radio power supply in the same power strip as the TV converter adapter
and it blew the adapter ($17 for new one). Thank God it wasn't the radio, HAH!

On the QSX but not hearing me list: K1GQ 2325z 40m, N4BP 1216z 15m.

Too bad the JIDX and Y.G. are the same weekend.

Good thing about reading NCJ during the contest is I read John's (K6MM) article
about post contest Cabrillo analyzers. Download SH5 already and it's pretty
neat. Best rate was 48, most Qs with zones 28/29/30, 31 countries worked (UA
29%, UA9 14%). WriteLog showed 9 hours of operating but SH5 shows 17:43 off
time. Very interesting software...thanks John for writing the article!

Hope to work you all in WPX CW.

DAYTON!

73, Eric T6MO / K9GY

P.S. - Final score was manually computed since WriteLog doesn't have a Y.G.
module (used IARU module).