[3830] MiQP K8MAD(K8MM) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8MAD(K8MM) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 21:47:45 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8MAD
Operator(s): K8MM
Station: K8MAD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TUSC
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:    4      2
   40:   99     87
   20:   19
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  122     89  CW Mults = 58  Ph Mults = 55  Total Score = 35,298

Club:

Comments:

When I saw that TUSCOLA county didn't have any planned operations listed as of
Friday afternoon, I decided to make a quick run up there to activate it. I knew
of a small roadside park that I could operate from and I got there about 45
minutes into the contest. After stringing up a G5RV and many weird look from
non-hams, I ran the coax into the car and got on the air. I was having a bit of
a problem with RF locking up the keyer on 20 but they went away when I backed
down the power to 50W. I only stayed there for a little but and then made my
way down to 40M. Forty was in the finest shape its been in for many years for
the covering the entire state. Locals, mobiles and guys way up in the U.P. were
S9 plus! Lots of guys were glad to get the TUSC mult and they said I was the
only one they heard from there. I operated for 4 hours then packed up and came
home to operate my station.

Thanks to everyone for the q's.

73,
Ian - K8MAD/K8MM