[3830] SDQP KE0G Rover QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SDQP KE0G Rover QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:59:43 -0700
                    South Dakota QSO Party

Call: KE0G
Operator(s): KE0G
Station: KE0G

Class: Rover QRP
QTH: Lake, Moody, M'ha
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  165     0       0  Mults = 26  Total Score = 17,160

Club:

Comments:

K-3 Elecraft,5 watts, Rover class, portable setup.  Set up out in the wide open
South Dakota fields at the intersection of Lake, Moody, and Minnehaha counties.
 Spent 4 hours out on a gravel road, the only traffic was the mail carrier that
drove by.  The sunshine and breeze were delightful, until about 2000 Z, when
the weather gave way to sunshine and wind ... lots of it!  Gusts to 46 mph were
bending my PVC/fiberglass 34' pole to the max, so reduced from a 34' vertical,
to a low 40' long inverted vee only 18' high.  Not as effective, but on the
whole, the 4 hours were productive, with 55 Q's X 3 counties = 165 Q points.
Thanks for a fun time !  And, I was surprised at 6 EU DX Q's on 20M.  73,  Dan
ke0g