[3830] FlQP VE9AA SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca
Subject: [3830] FlQP VE9AA SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:12:40 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   40:   63     0
   20:  284     0
   15:   46     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  393     0  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 52,662

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Wow- I am beat from spinning the VFO.  This is one contest where you have to
really chase , chase, chase the mobiles.  There was no way I could keep up
(HI)
Especially on Sunday Every single mobile QSO was a pileup you had to wade
through.  Looow rates, but fun just the same.

I wanted to put in the full 20 hrs, but no way to do it.  Other things to do.
N1MM calls it 16 hrs + change, but probably a bit less.  Phone calls, knocks at
the door, making lunches/suppers for the family + other honey-do's

15m was actually in real nice shape both afternoons. (a bit better Sat.). MOst
FLA signals mid afternoon were 20-60dB over 9, but very very few on.  Scraped
for every last Q on 15m.  I actually worked most of them on 15 with the amp OFF
(too lazy to keep retuning every time I checked the band -often- )

Heard of few of my Maritime brethren on like VE9HF and VE1RGB... band was full
of VE3's....wow, sure were a lot of VE3's on. No VE5's heard, but did hear Ed
VE4VT with a real nice signal shoulder to shoulder in the pileups. Heard 1 VE7
really weak.

  Good thing we had decent prop to Florida !  I like the "OJ"
 instead of "TU" that one op was sending.  Neat idea.

All in all , a good fun test.  Lots of home stations and of course, a lot of
credit goes to the mobiles.  I am sure I worked some of them in 20-30
counties.

Was very happy to get F-L-O-R-I-D-A, Q-S-O, P-A-R-T-Y and also the sweep !

See you all from the mobile in the MQP ()Maritime QSO Party() early June !

MIke VE9AA
Ic-746, 749.99 watts, low wire ground planes, N1MM