[3830] FlQP WQ8RP(N8XX) SOABMixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] FlQP WQ8RP(N8XX) SOABMixed QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 17:22:21 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: WQ8RP
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: SOABMixed QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   40:   13      2
   20:   55     18
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:   68     20  CW Mults = 38  Ph Mults = 17  Total Score = 25,740

Club: Michigan QRP Club

Comments:

Interesting Party.  Sometimes difficult, if not impossible to "break the
cacophony of the pileups when finding a mobile in a rare county, but many times
I beat out "the big boys" with and accurately timed drop of a call sign.

Using WQ8RP was a challenge, especially on phone, because it's much longer than
my own call, and probably not in the "call history database" for logging
programmes like N1MM.  Operating with a "cloud warmer" wire antenna @ <5 watts
doesn't help breaking any pileups either. :)

Didn't calculate if I made the "Spell Florida QSO Party", but there are several
1X1 calls in the log,

Thanks to Ed, AB8DF, and the Michigan QRP Club for the use of this call for the
weekend.  I originally borrowed it for the QRPTTF contest, but found that 14060
KHz and other "QRP Watering holes" were overrun with Florida QSO parties, so
quickly changed tactics.

Kudos to the organizers of this event!  Jolly good show!