[3830] FlQP K9FN SOAB(A)CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dpbunte@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K9FN SOAB(A)CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 20:31:55 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K9FN
Operator(s): K9FN
Station: K9FN

Class: SOAB(A)CW LP
QTH: West Lafayette, IN
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

   40:   55     0
   20:  183     0
   15:   10     0
   10:
--------------------
Total:  248     0  CW Mults = 65  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 64,480

Club:

Comments:

My second year in the FQP.  Last year I had a borrowed rig, and a new antenna
and operated unassisted.  This year I used my K3/100 and was assisted.  That
made it much more fun for me.  I am not a SERIOUS contest operator, but
welcomed the chance to hone my CW contest skills before the INQP next week.  I
was great to work long time friend K9ES as my first QSO... and to work the
W4AN/K4BAI team 16 times if I counted correctly.  I had no real expectations
going in, so it was all a lot of fun.  When I got home from Church Sunday, I
noted that NAS and SAN had both been spotted in the previous 30 minutes or
so... but I could find neither one, and never did through the rest of the test.
 I often had to wait in line for stronger friends here in the midwest the get
through the piles before I could.  My 30' Flag Pole vertical is a thing of
beauty, but I don't blow the doors off, and I has some weather related noise
problems both days.  Very 73 to all.  Dave - K9FN