[3830] FlQP K0HC(W0BH) SchoolMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] FlQP K0HC(W0BH) SchoolMixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 21:29:27 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: SchoolMixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 19.1
Radios: SO2R

   40:   42     13
   20:  388    247
   15:   27      8
   10:
--------------------
Total:  457    268  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 66  Total Score = 157,206

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

Sorry for the late post. My dad caught a near miss on a tornado with lots of
tree damage down in Oklahoma, so that's kept me busy.

This weekend, I invited several Hesston College aviation and air traffic
control students to take a break from studying for final exams and try out the
FQP. Two were planning to come and I kept hoping they'd appear, but they must
have kept their noses to the grindstone instead (can't fault them for that!).

The goal was to get close to the HP record, have some fun with the 1x1 calls,
and of course chase mobiles around the state. I wasn't really trying for the
SSB county sweep on Saturday or I would likely have picked up the only county I
missed : DESOTO. I caught five mobiles through there on Sunday, but no luck on
QSY to SSB requests. With a contest that counts mults by mode, a QSY to SSB is
really really appreciated, and you can still enter as CW-only.

Chasing 1x1 calls was fun. It took me about 4 hours to complete the mixed 1x1
call sweep with the last one K4F. From the rules, I couldn't tell if they all
had to be the same mode, so I kept listening and finally found W4T to get all
the 1x1 calls, both CW and SSB. The mixed county sweep took less than five
hours. The county coverage was really impressive this year.

I have to complement both the organizers and the mobiles for a spectacular
mobile showing. The mobiles each had their "own" frequency, and all but one
stayed there the entire time making them incredibly easy to find. Not sure who
coordinated that, but it worked. K4KG/m, K5CM/m, NF4A/m, and AD8J/m were more
than happy to move to SSB which really added to the fun. Here are the numbers.
There might be a few dupes included since my duping didn't seem to sound off
like it usually does in my logging program. If I missed writing down a call, I
apologize in advance .. it's late here and there were lots of you!

52 K4KG - fastest SSB switch!
35 N5WR
34 NX4N
32 W4AN
30 N4EEB
30 W5WMU
28 K4M
27 K4OJ
25 N4AO
25 K5CM - consistently loudest mobile signal into Kansas
21 AD4ES
15 NF4A
14 KN4Y
13 AD8J
08 K4FCG
08 K2CIB/p
05 KF4OJA - thanks for WAG / HOL on SSB, Richard.
05 N3AWS - called me on SSB from several needed counties.
03 N4WA
03 KJ4ERZ - thanks for changing your route through OSC on SSB, John
02 ND9M

N4S pulled top honors for a fixed station with six contacts. They were also the
consistently loudest fixed station into Kansas and were about everywhere I
listened.

Congrats to the FCG for pulling off a memorable 15th. I'm on leave from Hesston
College next spring, so I'm hoping to join you all down there for the fun.
We'll see ..

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College ARC