[3830] 7QP K6OK SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP K6OK SOMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 09:16:49 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: K6OK
Operator(s): K6OK
Station: K6OK

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: Sacramento, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:
   80:    8      0      0
   40:   70     36      3
   20:   63      5      0
   15:   22      1      0
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  163     42      3  Mults = 103  Total Score = 38,522

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Okay, so I decided to do a full effort for 7QP. It's only a one day contest, so
not a big deal, right?  LOL, by late afternoon it sank in that 6 AM to midnight
does indeed make for a long day. The good news is that, except for a couple of
lulls, there is enough activity on the bands to keep it interesting and
engaging.

A major part of the fun of 7QP are the mobiles and portables. The geography of
7 land is unique with so many counties that are sparsely populated and so
spread out. After working a mobile I'd ask myself "Wow, where is THAT?" and
pull up Google Maps to see where they were. And I thought 18 hours of radio at
home was a long day... I have nothing but thanks and appreciation for the
mobiles and portables who traveled long distances to activate such rare and
interesting counties!

10 meters disappointed. I heard some 10-10 operators from Dixie but did not
hear any 7-landers.

Anyone who worked me on 80 meters deserves a medal. I have no 80 meter antenna
so I just use a tuner in the shack and feed my 40 meter dipole. I estimate an
SWR of 1200 and a coax loss of 16 dB, turning my 100 watt signal into 2.5 watts
out. QRP via warm coax :-)

FT-990, 100 watts, wire dipoles.