[3830] InQP W4UCZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4ucz@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] InQP W4UCZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 09:46:09 -0700
                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: W4UCZ
Operator(s): W4UCZ
Station: W4UCZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Atlanta GA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   59
   20:    1
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   60     0  CW Mults = 55  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 6,600

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Amidst the Three Ring Circus I worked at allocating special attention
to the Hoosiers this year and it paid off with a lot of fun.

>From Atlanta is is largely a 40 meter endeavor but there were lots of
well-dispersed mobiles to track :

Thanks to : WN9O (16), KJ9C (13), WB9CIF (10) and AE8M (7)

Was able to whittle my needed-counties list down to 8.

Just for the record - as if somebody cared - I am really not crazy
about parties where Mults are counted on *both* phone and CW, essentially
doubling the count.  Obviously, that's because I am a CW only operator.
But the reasoning must surely have a parallel for the phone ops who
feel compelled to bumble around on CW for mults to get a decent score.

Since I'm "fun" operator and not a "glory" op the point is really moot.
And, obviously, using CW-Only/Phone-Only/Mixed categories helps things.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I had to think about it twice as I only get a
penny for my thoughts (hi).  They're probably overvalued even at that price.

Thanks to all the Hoosier Daddies. See you next year!

73,
Mark, W4UCZ
Atlanta