[3830] NewEngQP W1UE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP W1UE Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 07:08:24 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1UE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SUFMA
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:      1       0
   40:    104       0
   20:    168       0
   15:     42       0
   10:      0       0
------------------------
Total:    315       0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 32,710

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Being tied up on Saturday precluded me doing a serious SOHP effort this year, so
I chose to do a small DXpedition with Eric KV1J to Suffolk County, Ma.
Unfortunately for us, there seemed to be plenty of SUFMA Qs available this
weekend, but we still had a fun time setting up and operating.

We set up in Winthrop, Ma, at the Yacht Club, right in the takeoff path of
Logan Airport.  Every 10 minutes or so another jet would take off, and things
would get very loud.  We both had K3s, a small generator to run them and the
laptops, and the antennas were varied: a multi-band, quick set up antenna that
Eric has, a pair of phased 20M verticals, a full-size 40M vertical, and dipoles
for 20/15M at about 6 feet off the ground.  Why 6 ft?  That was about as far up
the pole as I could reach!  I operated CW, and Eric ground it out on phone.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs!  Did manage to work about 10 Europeans including
4 UAs, and as far west as KH6 and south as LU.  Maybe next year another SOHP go,
but as a small DXpedition this was a lot of fun!

Dennis W1UE