[3830] 7QP KS5A/M MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ks5a@cox.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP KS5A/M MobileCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 16:41:40 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: KS5A/M
Operator(s): KS5A
Station: KS5A

Class: MobileCW LP
QTH: AZ-Rover
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:
   40:   25
   20:  180
   15:  126
   10:    2
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  333     0       0  Mults = 56  Total Score = 55,944

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This mobile's objective was to cover some of those AZ counties will little or no
announced coverage.  From a few of the 3830 comments, I believe we accomplished
our purpose. Thanks to all the AZ participants as intel says we had all the
counties on the air.  It will be interesting to see who had an AZ clean sweep.

We traveled through 7 counties for the 7QP in a BIG state.  How big is it?
Well, we started out 3 hours before the party start time to get to our initial
county.  15 hours and 700 miles later we completed our trip.  Actual operating
time was around 8 hours with stops only to prevent running out of the county
with stations calling and the normal necessity breaks.  We shut down the last
hour as we enter the home and previously run county to battled the traffic
through Phoenix.

The two 10m Q's were with KN4Y, all by his lonesome in a 10-10 contest.  Ed was
strong, so the band was open, just no other takers.  I checked 80m at the start
but nobody was home.

County QSO Totals:
  Cochise - 73
  La Paz - 57
  Maricopa - 57
  Pima - 19
  Pinal - 24
  Santa Cruz - 67
  Yuma - 36

Stations with most Q's:
  N6MU - 8
  K7EAR - 6
  K7QQ - 6
  N5AU - 5
  N8II - 5

Vehicle, rig, antennas, computer, occupants - all worked and lasted the
duration.  Could not ask for more.  Good times.  Thanks to all for the contacts
- I know we may have missed a few due to the road noise - sorry.

Special thanks to all the CODXC members that make this party such a success.

73/Guff
KS5A

IC-706MKIIG, 7 Hustlers in a horizontal array atop a 7' mast, mounted on F-350
toolbox