[3830] WPX CW KT8K SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KT8K SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 17:28:27 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN82ch SE Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 8:46

------------
  160:    0
   80:    3
   40:   45
   20:  153
   15:  138
   10:   10
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Great conditions.  I was amazed how often my 5 Watts and wires in the trees got
a first call response, even when I wasn't the only one calling.  What a blast!

Thanks to all who listened for my puny signal (though many apparently didn't
find it so).  I wished I'd had more time, but a heavy work schedule limited my
time and I just had a couple of hours here and there over the weekend to race
to a hundred Q's ... and then run off to work.  I'm sure I would have set a new
personal best if I'd had the time.  Hopefully condx will be as good next year.

One of these days I'll have some serious antennas on a real tower, but until
then I sing my sad song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA&feature=plcp

72/73 to all, and best rx de kt8k - Tim
equipment at KT8K: Tentec Orion at 5 Watts to a 20/40/80 inverted vee up 13
meters (45 ft) and a 550' (170 meter) horizontal loop zig-zagging through the
trees from 15-70 feet (5 - 22 meters) above ground, fed with 90 feet (28
meters) of television twin-lead looped around, some lying on the ground,
entering the house along with several pieces of coax and fed through a Z-11
autotuner.  I also have a K9AY loop but it's not much better than the big loop
for listening.  The house is on the 2nd highest spot in town, which is a big
help.