[3830] WPX CW WA7LNW SO(A)SB15(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa7lnw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WA7LNW SO(A)SB15(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 18:06:21 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WA7LNW
Operator(s): WA7LNW
Station: WA7LNW

Class: SO(A)SB15(TS) HP
QTH: Utah
Operating Time (hrs): 32

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1244
   10:
------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Excellent propagation on 15 meters all weekend, perhaps a bit better Friday and
Saturday.   Enjoyed watching the GOES satellite X-ray Flux plot changing
throughout the weekend while listening to the noise floor on 15 change.

This was my absolute best score ever in any single operator effort. I imagine
records will be broken this year for sure, not by me, but many others!

Stayed at home this weekend and operate contest remotely using my HF remote
system. Transmitter and anntena were located, 19 miles northeast of my home
QTH, 8 miles west of Zion National Park at an elevation of 5,300 ft.  You can
see a few pictures of the antenna, tower and WA7LNW CW Skimmer system on
QRZ.com.

I struggled a bit with line noise throughout the weekend.  Guess this is one
disadvantage to operating a remote.  Normally I would have simply gone outdoors
and attempted to correct noise problem.

Equipment: Kennwood TS-480SAT, Elecraft KPA-500 Linear, 2 elemenet HEX Beam @
82 ft, N1MM V12.5.3 software, RemoteRig RRC-1258 MKII control boxes and
internet connection.

73's de Jack, WA7LNW