[3830] WPX CW OL3R(OK1VWK) SO(A)SB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OL3R(OK1VWK) SO(A)SB20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 01:12:21 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OL3R
Operator(s): OK1VWK
Station: OK1VWK

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 31

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1371
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Car operation as usual. This time with Mr.Murphy visit. Station setup was
prepared at 06:00Z after first night period. Definitely lost best window for NA
actitvity on 20m band. Sporadic T/R switching relay problem in my OM-Power
started during second day. Number of PTT button hits for correct RX connection
without attenuation passed acceptable level. By the time decided to definitely
stop operation. I was totaly deaf. I know where is problem, because its not
first time. Small Chinase plastic relay in the box. Its F&T LYCA012Y type relay
switching PA input. This relay is located directly in tube socket box on PCB
with G1 terminator chip. Almost impossible to replace it in field conditions.
In addition the same type of relay has life time around 3 or 4 contests.
Strange !!! I decided definitely to save my time and money in the future. I
will replace it for old , but RF stable, nitrogen filled type of Czech relay
Tesla QN59925.

CU in next time ...
GL de Milan, OL3R