[3830] WPX CW NR3X(N4YDU) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4ydu@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NR3X(N4YDU) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 06:45:06 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NR3X
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: N4YDU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    4
   80:   67
   40:  321
   20:  535
   15:  602
   10:  128
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My mind was in it from the start, but my body sure wasn't. I started a little
more than one hour late due to a social event and only lasted about 3.5 hours
before falling asleep in the middle of QSOs. I took a six hour nap and returned
but still struggled with being tired. Things slowed down in the early afternoon
so I took another break. I woke up after an hour and felt better. My wife
brought home a big cup of coffee for me and everything seemed to get better
from there.

For the most part, conditions were fantastic although they were a little slow
in the early afternoon both days. 15M was simply incredible. Europe was still
coming in at 2 a.m. local. 10M produced a nice EU opening on Sunday morning
from here. 20M was rock solid and I probably should have worked a little harder
with the second radio. I didn't use the second radio much at all. I simply
couldn't get my head around it until the last 30 minutes.

The low bands were actually OK but I think activity was lower because the high
bands were so darn exciting.

I picked up a Ten Tec Orion I about a month ago and this was the first all out
contest with it. I really enjoyed the rig for the contest. I needed about a
month to learn how to use the thing properly but I'm really sold on the radio
now.

There are some super scores out there.

See everyone in the next one.

73,

Nate/N4YDU

Antennas: 160M L; 80M Dipole and Vertical: 40M 2 dipoles. 20M: 2 EL fixed NW at
35 feet, pair of loops at 70 feet; 15M 2 element delta loop at 60 feet fixed NE,
2 EL fixed NW; 10M Dipole at 70 feet, dipole at 45 feet, 2 EL fixed NW.

Rigs: Ten Tec Orion and ICOM 735
Wintest software