[3830] WPX CW 4U1GSC(E73A/9A3A) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 5b4ada@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW 4U1GSC(E73A/9A3A) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 12:48:50 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: 4U1GSC
Operator(s): E73A/9A3A
Station: 4U1GSC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Brindisi, Italy
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   37
   40:  554
   20: 1195
   15:  525
   10:  212
------------

Club:

Comments:

Contest         : CQ World Wide WPX Contest
Callsign        : 4U1GSC (E73A/9A3A op)
Mode            : CW
Category        : Single Operator (SO2R)
Overlay         : ---
Band(s)         : All bands (AB)
Class           : High Power (HP)
Zone/State/...  : 15
Locator         : JN80xp
Operating time  : 35h47

BAND   QSO DUP  PFX  POINTS   AVG
-----------------------------------
  160     0   0    0       0  0.00
   80    37   0    6      82  2.22
   40   554  14  298    1676  3.03
   20  1195  34  448    2199  1.84
   15   525   3  135     977  1.86
   10   212   2   35     288  1.36
-----------------------------------
TOTAL  2523  53  922    5222  2.07
===================================
      TOTAL SCORE : 4 814 684

SO2R setup: K3/FT990, two Alpha amps, inv. L 80; GP 40; 2el GP 20/15/10m.

Enjoyed working some old friends, giving out another 4U1 multiplier and having
4U1GSC on the air again, despite regular teething problems like adjusting
antennas during the contest, fixing problems whilst operating but still
managing almost full 36 hour effort...

For the CQ WPX 20-10m quarter wave length verticals, which have been installed
for the 4U1GSC inauguration during the RRDXC, have been improved to a 2 el
parasitic GPs for 20/15 and 10m. I could not rotate them, but had great fun.
The biggest thrill was enjoying almost full time QRM-free SO2R, which allowed
me to experience almost unbelievable coincidence: whilst running on 20m I've
heard on the R2 on 40m a station (I think DA0I) working 4U1ITU, whom I could
not hear. I called the DA station immediately, hoping he will copy 4U1GSC
before the other callers. Indeed, he logged in a row two out of the three
currently active 4U stations, which was quite a coincidence considering 4U1GSC
and 4U1ITU were not running but S&P. Within an hour, whilst running on 40m and
tuning into 20m stations on the R2 I called KU1CW and he answered to my call.
Immediately after completing a QSO 4U1ITU called and worked him!  Somehow two
out of three 4U stations run into the two out of hundreds of signals, at the
same time, on two bands, within an hour, which I found quite a low possibility
to reoccur ever again.....

73, thanks to all for calling and also hearing 4U1GSC - quite a number of R2
real S&P QSOs!

73 Ivo I7/9A3A, E73A