[3830] WPX CW SN2M(SP2XF) SO(A)SB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sp2xf@wp.pl
Subject: [3830] WPX CW SN2M(SP2XF) SO(A)SB80 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 14:06:21 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: SN2M
Operator(s): SP2XF
Station: SP2XF

Class: SO(A)SB80 HP
QTH: JO92PR
Operating Time (hrs): 25
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80: 1019
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

TNX for all QSO's and competition!

Good conditions on higher bands with 20m and 15m opened all the night made the
activity on 80m respectively low. Despite that fact, I was close to beat all
time SP record on this band, but last 2 hours the rate went totally down...

Except first 2 hours, I was running CQ and simultaneously doing S&P for almost
ALL THE TIME (RBN packet is a very good tool indeed). I know the score is
really good, heard only DR1A giving on 80m higher serial numbers than mine.

RIG: IC 765, IC 775 + PA
ANT: 164m delta loop, RX: 1xK9AY n,s,w,e & 350m beverage for USA

I also had 17m tall TX vertical, with LC network at the base and 45 radials,
but this antenna appeared to have some error and didn't work at all! Still
looking for the reason why is that...

Good news were final drop of heavy static QRN just on friday night. The whole
week before the contest I was watching static crashes level of s9+30db and was
preparing myself for really hard weekend...

Openings to NA were OK as for this period of the year, finally 44 W/VE in the
log.

Highlights: RI1ANF calling me from antarctic base, in the late evening on
saturday.

73's and CU in CQWW
Mac SP2XF (SN2M)

PS.
* IC 765 receiver is BETTER than IC 775 for listening in heavy static QRN!!
* 350m long beverage gave much BETTER F/B ratio than 250m I had for WPX SSB !!