[3830] WPX CW OH8X(OH2UA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh2ua@oh2u.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OH8X(OH2UA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 01:58:59 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: OH8X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Radio Arcala
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   12
   80:  142
   40:  152
   20: 1047
   15: 1721
   10:  103
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I want to dedicate this score to a friend of mine who met his death while skiing
down North America's highest mountain Mt. McKinley on Wednesday prior to the
contest.

He was also a professional photographer and his shot of Radio Arcala's 160M
yagi can be seen on the cover of CQ Magazine's November 2011 issue.
http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/cq_highlights/2011_cq/11_2011_cq/1111_cq_cover.jpg

Rest in peace Ilkka â?" we'll meet again someday, at the summit of a mountain
with endless fields of powder snow.

Hearing the sad news made this contest especially hard for me and I was about
to give up multiple times before and during the contest. Fortunately,
propagation somehow kept me busy and at the end I was able to squeeze in a new
domestic record with an approximately 30 percent margin.

Despite everything, it was nice to operate from OH8X after a while. Doing SO2R
is super easy at Arcala since there are enough antennas for both radios and
practically zero interference between the stations. Too bad I couldn't get
everything out of myself this time to challenge friends further south.

Congratulations to everyone for very nice scores all around and many new
records. Surprisingly, it looks like the European all-band record will stay in
the Azores after all.

73 de Toni, OH2UA