[3830] WPX CW VE6TL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE6TL SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 20:46:08 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  120
   20:  387
   15:  285
   10:    5
------------
Total:  797  Prefixes = 508  Total Score = 1,149,604

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Was going to go the full distance from home QTH this time.  But when I got back
from the Hamvention had a bad cold.  By Friday was out of control with
sinusitis, sore throat (couldn't swallow), conjunctivitis (couldn't see),
ringing in the ears (couldn't hear) and other nasty things not worth repeating.
 Got about 4 hours of sleep Friday night as 40m was humming and 20/15 were
unusually open well into the wee hours.  By 9AM Saturday I was logging all my
Qs with my eyes shut, as it was too painful to open them.  After several hours
(about half my Qs), I realized my hands were shifted on the keyboard and was
making too many mistakes.  With 104F fever and now a hacking cough, I threw in
the towel.  Ended up in the emergency room that night as I couldn't stop
coughing.  After 2 hours, was finally seen by a nurse who told me it would be
another 3 hours or more to be seen by a doctor.  (Socialized medicine at its
finest.) As it was already 3AM, I went home with nothing.  It's a week later
now and I'm finally well enough to submit the log.  That was my first and last
time in Dayton!  (I did have a great time though, and glad I did it once!)

Jerry VE6TL