[3830] AlQP N4KG SOMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] AlQP N4KG SOMixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 09:26:14 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: Limestone AL
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:    0      0
   80:   52      0
   40:  114     18
   20:  170    182
   15:   45      1
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  381    201  CW Mults = 43  Ph Mults = 42  Total Score = 81,855

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

As usual, I set my log up for Both CW and SSB mixed, but this time I actually
made some phone contacts.

I started out on 20M CW Low Power but somewhere along the line turned on the
Amp in order to break through the pileups to other Alabama stations via
backscatter.  I've never worked so many Alabama stations in this event!

At 2332Z, N4PN asked me to go to SSB on 20M which I did.  We worked on 14245,
and then someone else called me.  ONE HOUR Later, I switched back to CW after
entering 157 Phone QSOs.  Obviously there were many more willing callers on SSB
than CW where I had 3 hours around 60 Qs and 5 hours around 30 Qs.  After Dark,
I could only generate small and short runs on the Low Bands.  I couldn't aget
anything going on 40M SSB or 15M SSB (probably went to 15M too late).

20M had AMAZING E-layer Short Skip and Back-Scatter, producing LOTS of QSOs
with GA,NC,SC,TN,VA,W2,3,8,9,5.  K4TD: Eat your Heart Out :-)

I was surprised (and pleased) to work VE1,3,5,7,9 on CW and VE3,6,7 on SSB.
Missed States on CW were ME DC AR LA MS OK KH6 KL7 ID NV UT WY SD.
OM2VL was worked on 4 Bands.  He overrode the NA callers on 80M!
DL6KVA was worked on 40,20,15.  He only made 3 QSOs on 40 and 6 on 15 (or vice
vesa).

Alabama (state) was added to the CW and Phone Multipliers.
Alabama Counties were NOT included in the multipliers.
Hope that is the correct interpretation of the scoring rules.

I *assume* there is NO Power Multiplier.

Setup: Icom 746 B&W PT-2500 at 800-1000W output (pair 3-500Z)
TH7 at 40' (North most of time), 40M Delta Loop (corner fed), 80M GP

Tom N4KG in Limestone County Alabama