[3830] AlQP KC4HW SOCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc4hw@centurytel.net
Subject: [3830] AlQP KC4HW SOCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 11:03:00 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: SOCW LP
QTH: GENE
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:   50     1
   40:  113     1
   20:  158     2
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  321     3  CW Mults = 44  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 53,212

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Had planned a mobile operation, but a death in my YL's family early Friday
morning that preempted those plans.  Thanks to all the ACGers for their
thoughts.

Things did settle down enough so that I could spend some time on the AQP.

First time to operate from the home station.  Had been mobile the previous 7
years.  20m was pretty good and 40m was good as well.  The noise was low for
the most part on all bands and especially on 80m (unusual for this time of the
year).  Although there seemed to be low activity on 80m.

Worked a good number of DX stations (mostly EU and SA) and really appreciate
those stations coming out to support our event.  Thanks so much.

Was surprised to work so many Alabama stations.  So I think that short hop
within the state was very good. Worked alot of them on 20m but most on 40m.

It seemed that there was a very nice turn out of US stations.  Thank you very
much for the support/participation.

Thanks again to all that participated--hope that you enjoy our QSO party.

Hope that you will send in your log!  Thanks!

cul

Jim/KC4HW
http://www.AlabamaContestGroup.org
http://www.AlabamaQSOParty.org