[3830] ARRL June VHF K1TN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K1TN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:58:20 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  202    91  Total Score = 18,382

Club:

Comments:

135-foot doublet/window line/4:1 balun/TS590S auto tuner.

My second vhf contest ever. First was in 2005 (from Indiana) and didn't have
any way to keep a log that time. So this is the beginning of my 6 Meter WAS. I
will be disappointed if LoTW doesn't produce. Nice to work so many old friends
and acquaintances back in New England, several of whom had monster signals. No
DX but did work four W6s.

I took my E/W 10 Meter Sterba curtain down a couple of months ago. I wonder how
it might have worked this weekend on 6 Meters. For sure a Sterba cut for 6 would
have killed. Maybe in September if I'm still here.

I'm guessing ... about 90 per cent of my QSOs were on CW. I was surprised at
being able to call CQ and run, and was wishing I had my K3 back.

Biggest thrill was the two folks, K5TR and W5OV, who asked me if I have sold
the PL-259 that I advertised on Saturday. (No offers yet.)

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
EN 55 (and I missed it)