[3830] ARRL June VHF VE3KZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3kz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF VE3KZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:13:02 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  302   153  Total Score = 48,807

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

That was a blast! It was a bit noisy to the NE which was unfortunate but managed
a handfull of Europeans. I could actually hear the eastern stations better with
the antenna west, however to work them I had to rotate the beam 180 degrees.
Have a little trouble with VSWR on 6m. Only putting out about 70W into the 200'
feedline at 50.080 dropping even lower as I went up the band. That's what
happens when you don't use your equipment for a few months!
Worked up the West coast to Oregon but could not get across the border into
western Canada although working N0EO in EN37 with VE3KRP at the mike came
close!
Same old IC-706MKIIG, with 4el on 6m, 12 on 2m and 11 on 70cm.
Congratulations to the other CCO members. Ontario was a busy place!

73 Bob VE3KZ