[3830] ARRL June VHF N0JK Single Op Port QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0jk@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N0JK Single Op Port QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:19:37 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  189    75  Total Score = 14,175

Club:

Comments:

It was way too windy (45 mph gusts) at the Cattle Pens portable site Sunday.
Guess I should have just went home... but wanted to put the grid on for the
'test. Then the mast with 3 el M2 6M, 7 el M2 2M and 70 cm yagi came down in a
gust, antennas broken. Brought the 2 el 6M yagi along as a "back-up," and put
it into service. Almost didn't bring it. It stayed up and saved the day for 6M.
No 2M or 70 cm QSOs this time.

Noted strong Es on 6M to W1, W2, W3, W4, W8 and W9 all morning Sunday. Even got
a couple of runs going with 10 watts. XE2MVS DL95 called me off the side of the
antenna. Worked VA7ST DO00 and then heard him working some European stations!
It got real hot in the afternoon and I took a "siesta" after working a very
loud XE2K DM22. Back on late afternoon when it got cooler.

Nil from Europe until 2300 UTC, heard CT1HZE on 50.107. Worked Joe at 2315 UTC,
received a "419" report. He was my best DX, also worked VO1TA GN37 2x ES at 2330
UTC. VE5UF and VE6's were very loud. I heard bits and pieces of JE1BMJ on
50.053.

A "tough" contest the high winds, sunburn, heat and ticks. CT1HZE was my first
European QSO on 6M in a June VHF QSO Party for me!