[3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, herbs@vitelcom.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 10:55:42 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 42  Total Score = 317

Club: VI Contest Club

Comments:

Very very difficult working anything through the QRN and QSB.  My regrets for
the repeated attempts. I must have appeared to be a real alligator to some.
For some reason my NW Beverage was looking into a storm center and my North
Beverage was better most of the time for mainland contacts as it is a 900
footer and nulled out a bit more of the qrn from the West.  Only worked two
Europeans, DL6FBL and IK3PRK.  Was hoping for some ZL/VK activity but none
heard here.  They are normally easier to work during their winter.  Best DX was
ZS2CX (22 points) and RI1ANF in the South Shetland Island. (18 pints)  Both were
peaking at 579 above the noise at times. I still don't know what happened to the
US West Coast. Only worked K7CA and KG7H out there. The SP event has may more
active stations in that part of the continent.