[3830] All Asian CW AB1OD SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mda@ab1od.org
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW AB1OD SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 14:47:42 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: AB1OD
Operator(s): AB1OD
Station: AB1OD

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   1      1
   20:   2      2
   15:  26     25
   10:
-------------------
Total:  29     28  Total Score = 812

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I should wait until the contest is actually over to submit my score, but
considering how dead the bands are right now, perhaps doing this will be enough
of a jinx to get the propagation fairies to flip the switch again.  (It happened
in the VHF test last week, when 6 opened after I shut down for the night.  It
could happen again. :) )

This was a very Dickensian contest ("it was the best of times, it was the worst
of times...")   I'm sure the 3830 comments will be full of noise about the
impact of the geomagnetic storm on the last part of the test, so I'll focus on
the first part.

I'm aware that parts of Asia are always a bit of a challenge from this corner
of the world, but it's particularly difficult for me given an inconveniently
placed hill and antenna restrictions.  Last year, I made just one contact in
this test.

This year, was a different story.

Friday night was phenomenal.  15 meters was open everywhere; it seemed even
better than the best of the conditions during WPX.   I heard Europe, Africa,
South America, Australia, and Asia all blasting in.   I know that my results
are nothing too remarkable, and I'm sure that others in New England will show
higher Q counts...but I'm still pleased.   I worked two new ones, and finished
WAZ.

Saturday was perhaps a little better than average, but Sunday...well, I've
gotten plenty of chores done around the place.  At least I'll have plenty of
slack to be able to play during Field Day.

I just hope the conditions next weekend are more like Friday than Sunday.