[3830] All Asian CW W7ZR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dick.w7zr@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW W7ZR SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 16:18:42 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: W7ZR
Operator(s): W7ZR
Station: W7ZR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Arizona
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:  250    76
   20:  183    88
   15:  119    75
   10:
-------------------
Total:  552   239  Total Score = 131,928

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This was a test for me and for the station.  A test of fortitude, patience and
will.

While I was hoping to open on 10 for at least a half an hour for the double
pointers there were no signals to be found.  15 was quite good and the first
hour put 65 Qs in the log despite problems with N1MM and me.  Tried the new
version (12.06.01) and battled my messages for way too long.  ESM was not
working properly and I had to re-learn routines.  A couple of hours later I bit
the bullet and loaded an older version (12.06.00) and then had absolutely no
problems with the program or me.  N1MM worked great as it always had.

At the end of the second hour I had only 89 in the log and all on 15m except
for 6 Qs on 20m.  I quit at 0224 with 96 in the log.  Just hoping that the
morning would be better.

Having just installed a new 2 element 40 (M240M2L) I was anxious to see what
morning would bring.  Got on at 1130Z and put 45 in the log by 1200Z.  Things
were definitely going better.  By 1300Z had a total of 226. The next hour was
mostly 20M and the rate was not there but signals were good.  At 1630Z I took a
break with 335 in the log.  Back on at 2030Z and finished day 1 with 413.

Still no 10M.  Last day started 40M at 1130Z.  Stayed on 40M until 1400Z.  Q
count now at 555.  Then the alarms went off on my HamCap program and now over
the next 7 hours I had 6 Qs all on 20M.  Last QSO at 1710.  Bands were terrible
but got a chance to clean up the shack.  CU next test.