[3830] ARRL FD K6CSL 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K6CSL 1D LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 20:26:42 -0700

  903:    0     0       0
  1.2:    0     0       0
  2.3:    0     0       0
  3.4:    0     0       0
  5.7:    0     0       0
  10G:    0     0       0
  24G:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  190     0       0  Total Score = 760

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This FD started slow, but improved as the day continued. By late Saturday
afternoon conditions had improved greatly and didn't quit all night. It finally
started to slow down some the last 2 hours. I was also getting pretty tired and
certainly not at my best. My ending score however was a personal and station
best for this station. 20m was the best band, closely followed by 40m. 15m was
disappointing, obviously having fallen with the Solar Flux at only 84. I sure
hope Sol improves for IARU Radiosport. 10m never opened for me. I tried 160m
several times, hoping to at least log local area stations, however, each time I
tried there was no one there. 80m was pretty sparse. I was hearing some stations
that I couldn't work, due to the inefficiency of my 40m wires on 80m. Each time
I tried 10m, it was vacant. I also tried 6m and found no joy there. I suspect
that there may have been some activity on SSB, but I decided before hand to
keep my effort CW only, which is the most efficient use of my station. The only
time I operate SSB is when the event is SSB only. Whenever there is a choice I
go for what my station is most efficient at. I worked 57 of the 80 Sections, I
was really kind of distressed at finding no SV or SJV to work all the 6's. I
heard 1 SJV station, and it was another 1D. I missed ID and NV,  which was also
pretty disappointing. I worked all the 5's except LA. (Where was W5WMU?) I
didn't find either of the Dakotas. I found NNJ but not SNJ, like wise I found
ENY and WNY, but not NNY or NLI. The only VE's I worked were VE6 and VE7. I
also missed PR and VI. I would have missed EB if N6WG had not showed up on 40m
at 15:58Z. TNX Bob. However it made for a fun weekend. I do really miss getting
to go to a Field Day site and operate with a group. 73's to all. Bert, K6CSL