[3830] RAC Day VA2WA(VA2WDQ) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VA2WA(VA2WDQ) M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 07:52:08 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VA2WA
Operator(s): VA2WDQ
Station: VA2WDQ

Class: M/S LP
QTH: nr.Montreal
Operating Time (hrs): 16:12

  160:   12      7       2         3
   80:   55     48       7         5
   40:  173     60      10         8
   20:  212     52      11        10
   15:   14      3       4         1
   10:    2      1       2         1
    6:    1      1       1         1
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  469    173      37        29  Total Score = 236,676

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

SO1R with the DX Cluster Assistance.

Rig: Kenwood TS-590S
Ant: 20-15-10: 2 el. Yagi Cushcraft MA5B, 160-80-40 Inverted L

Good contest! Even though the "her majesty Propagation" was not so good for us
this year))) I decided to go as the SOAB LP with my the only trusted Kenwood
TS-590S. That could be nice to get some SSB contesting practice before going to
the TO2U DX expedition to St.Pierre et Miquelon for the RSGB IOTA Contest 2012
http://www.to2u.contestgroupduquebec.com/.

But Murphy played his dirty trick. On Saturday morning at 10AM when Es just
started and that was a very good time to work all closest VE2, VE3, VE1, VE9 on
20m/15m a building basement started flooding by a water. One of a water heater
pipes got cracked. ))) Damn !!! So I  started removing water trying to find out
a plumber able to put a patch right away.  All stores were closed because of the
Canada Day Holiday! ))) So finally I got everything fixed after 4.5 hours of
heavy fighting against Mr. Murphy.

When I came back to my transceiver I found that propagation was down again.
Moreover - the FIFA EURO final game just started. So there were just few people
in the air who probably either didn't know about football (known as the Socker
in NA)  nor there's TV were not working that time )) I found an online video
game link and put it on my second monitor. Then I found out a clear frequency
(that was easy) and started CQ. ))) I've also turned on the DX cluster cause I
missed leadership in the SOAB category so decided to relax and to work as much
VE as possible with the cluster help. Honestly that didn't help me too much.
Probably that gave me one or two extra mults I could miss without the cluster
help.

I worked so many VE2 as never before: VA2OP VA2RAC VA2UTC VE2060AEJ VE2AEV
VE2AWR VE2CJR VE2EZD VE2FAB VE2FK VE2HAY VE2JCW VE2JM VE2LG VE2PIJ

Thanks to all CGQ members for the QSO's. My special appreciation is going to my
neighbor VE2AEV and to Jean, VE2JCW who moved to other bands to give me VE2
mults.

My congratulation to the VA2RAC team. Good team effort and a good result!

73!

Victor
http://www.contestgroupduquebec.com