[3830] IARU K7RL SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K7RL SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 15:16:58 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   19       3     5       1
   80:   55      30    10       7
   40:  146     278    21      15
   20:  151     751    38      37
   15:  280     301    26      26
   10:   25      31    10       6
-------------------------------------
Total:  676    1394   110      92  Total Score = 1,338,452

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Fun contest despite the X class flare, CME, and local thunderstorms that all
conspired to put a damper on the weekend. Thunderstorms are extremely rare in
this neck of the woods, and when they do appear, duration is typically a few
hours - maximum. Not so this weekend. Friday and Saturday were both active days
with frightening close lightening strikes, thunder, and muggy, thick, humid air.
I had no choice but to stop operating during prime running hours until the
dangerous storms passed. :-(

Meanwhile - back at the contest - not much Europe due to the CME. The low bands
were also very poor to JA and most signals developed a hollow echo quality as
the night progressed. Generally speaking, this felt more like a domestic test
with sprinkles of DX. This probably won't go down as one of my favorite contest
weekends of all time, but it did turn out better than I thought it would.

Thanks to all for the Qs.

73 de Mitch, K7RL