[3830] IARU NX6T(@W6HCD) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NX6T(@W6HCD) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 16:02:06 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): WQ6X, KI6RRQ, K4RB, K6GO, N6OHS, N6KI, AF6WF, K6KAL, NN6X, N6EEG
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23.6

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:    7     51     10       3
   40:   79    251     21       9
   20:  273    319     33      13
   15:  193    325     36      25
   10:   50     62     15       8
-------------------------------------
Total:  602    972    115      58  Total Score = 902,368

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was the best effort so far since 2004 for the San Diego Contest Ops and we
found condition were OK considering the solar activity event. We were antenna
challenged this year as we did not have the N6OX borrowed Tower Trailer at the
peak of our 900 ft hill and used only the K6QK 40 ft tower trailer about 40
feet below the peak in front yard. We found 10 meters to be sparse but better
than the past years. 20 and 15 provided the most QSOs and Mults. 40 and yielded
a good amount of CW QSOs but 40 SSB QSOs was way down. Putting up a higher 80
meter dipole on Saturday afternoon to augment our low 80 mtr dipole definitely
help us out on 80 CW and we did not have a 160 mtr antenna
so don't know if we missed much there. EU could hear us fine on 20 and 40 but
receive signals from EU seem weak and we had to work to pull the EU stations
thru. We put a Newbie Op in the hot seat, Rich, KI6RRQ and he did well on SSB
with decent rate when running. We look forward to better condx in 2013/2014 !
Rigs - K3 - ACOM 2000A - 3 El SteppIR on 20/15/10, 2 El Shorty 40 above the
StepppIR and 2 80 mtr inverted Vees in 2 directions at peak of roof on top of
hill and other at 40 ft off of K6QK trailer. 73 de N6KI