[3830] IARU VE1AL SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VE1AL@eastlink.ca
Subject: [3830] IARU VE1AL SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 07:54:35 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VE1AL
Operator(s): VE1AL
Station: VE1AL

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Sydney, NS
Operating Time (hrs): 13.3

  160:    0       0     0       0
   80:   51     159     8      11
   40:  120     394    12      25
   20:  159     547    14      30
   15:  158     544    16      25
   10:   27      88     6       3
-------------------------------------
Total:  512    1732    56      94  Total Score = 259,800

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

After a long several days with virtually nothing to work, the prayers to the
IARU gods brought at least OK conditions for the weekend.  I didn't work anyone
in Africa or Oceania and only a few Asians.  My effort was 95% S&P and my few
"runs" brought some log fodder/filler, except on 80 where someone must've
spotted me because there were eight or so HQ stations who called me one after
the other.  Low power doesn't bringe many pileups but I tried a few. Ones that
got away were disappointing but they numbered fewer than the fingers on one
hand.

80 was very noisy and fairly unproductive, 40 wasn't great, 20 could have been
better, 15 was the money band and 10 netted more than I expected.  My plan for
a mixed mode operation went down the tubes when I realized how poor conditions
were.